Networking, building an Awesome Business Network, John Coupland is the Founder of the South East London Business Network (SELBN™) and is an Independent Business Development and Marketing Consultant, called ACCELerate™ Your Business.
The South East London Business Network – known by many across the region as “SELBN” SELBN – comprises of the region’s largest LinkedIn group, nearing 4,000 members. SELBN doesn’t charge any mandatory membership fees.
The group is sustained, through events activity and sponsorship propositions, giving sponsors an overall network reach of over 20,000 across all S. E. L. B. N’s marketing channels. These have been developed, organically, (without the use of adwords, etc), for over 10 years.
John is also the best-selling author of ACCELerate™ Your Social Media. A book which shares proven business growth, and marketing strategies for businesses, large, and small. He still adopts his ACCELerate™ methodology to his own businesses, as well as sharing it with his clients through his consultancy work.
Amongst other interests, John is also a mentor for 180 Degrees Consulting, supporting students at King’s College London, as part of their respective degree courses.
I bet there is so much more we could tell our listeners, but instead of sharing more of his story here, we will be starting by sharing with our listeners, one thing that has happened in the past 5 years that he is extremely proud of?
You will learn:
- What was it like in the early days of starting out in business, you will learn some of the pitfalls and mistakes along the way.
- John will share with you, if he was going to start out again, what would he have done differently in the early days?
- What was his passion for starting the South East London Business Network? (“SELBN”)?
- What differentiates SELBN to the other, many, business networks?
- What key lessons has he learned in building such a network, with 4,000 members?
- How can listeners join and benefit from his work and become a member of SELBN?
- He will share with you key principles found in his published book and hear his ACCELerate™ methodology.
- He is a Columnist for a global business and lifestyle network based in America. You can read more at this link: BIZCATALYST360.
- In one of his articles, he mentions the benefit of partnerships, however, in one of them he shares tips as to how to evaluate and re-evaluate them.
- He recently ventured into the travel sector. You’ll hear how he got into this new venture and, what with the pandemic’s effect on inbound tourism in particular, how he coped with the lockdown.
- He will share with us his thoughts on how his new tour business venture corresponds with his usual B2B businesses?
- John has many passions in his personal and business life. He will be speaking about how he creates a well-balanced life around his activities. Too much work and not enough downtime spent relaxing with his family does not create the benefits he wants to be associated with all the hard work and determination and sacrifices he has made whilst building his network. He’s going to share his thoughts around the work-life balance we all crave for.
- Hear John’s THREE take away tips for an entrepreneur setting out today or is already in business living through a pandemic?
Imagine building a business network of over 4,000 people, and be able to share your best tips and secrets within the group.
John Coupland the founder of SELBN shares his lessons and stories about why he started the group and how it has evolved over the years.
What’s next in his journey as he embarks on his passion as a tour guide welcoming his guests from around the globe to London.
To Find out more go to SELBN the premier group in London
Michael CraneEntrepreneur, Business Owner, Presenter
For the last twenty years, Michael has built and run a successful business. He’s learned many lessons—some of them the hard way—and he’s met and talked with many other businesspeople. He’s sold thousands of products and learnt the one hundred and one things needed to run a thriving business. Now he’s bringing this knowledge and experience to educate, motivate and inspire other entrepreneurs.